Discussion: English ROM for HTC TouchReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 49  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 | Next

Posted Anonymously
English ROM for HTC Touch
Nov 12 2007, 10:23 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2007, 10:23 PM EST
I bought a German HTC Touch and want to change the language of the operating system from German to English. To do this, I'll need an English-version ROM software and HTC are unwilling to do this for me. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
F
27  out of 30 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
1. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Nov 13 2007, 3:37 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 13 2007, 3:37 AM EST
"I bought a German HTC Touch and want to change the language of the operating system from German to English. To do this, I'll need an English-version ROM software and HTC are unwilling to do this for me. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
F"
If you goto www.xda-developers.com, you can find one out there.
22  out of 24 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Dec 7 2007, 1:36 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2007, 1:36 AM EST
I have the same problem did you find the English sw 9  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Dec 12 2007, 9:04 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 12 2007, 9:04 AM EST
"I have the same problem did you find the English sw"
Hi,
Have you guys found a solution for switching to English ROM yet? Please advice.

Thanks.
6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Dec 29 2007, 2:37 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2007, 2:37 AM EST
Hi,
we bought an English HTC touch dual and want to change it into German language. Can we help each other ?

0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Feb 5 2008, 4:58 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2008, 4:58 PM EST
Have any of you found a english rom yet? I bought an unlocked on from Italy and nne the english one ASAP!! 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Mar 29 2008, 4:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2008, 4:32 AM EDT
http://www.dotsis.com/mobile_phone/showthread.php?t=78382 4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Mar 31 2008, 12:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2008, 12:47 PM EDT
"If you goto www.xda-developers.com, you can find one out there."
I went to www.xda-developers.com and could not find it. How do I change the software from german to english? I offer payment for those who help me with a solution. Please write me at apoloniosalles@hotmail.com
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
8. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Mar 31 2008, 3:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2008, 3:50 PM EDT
"I went to www.xda-developers.com and could not find it. How do I change the software from german to english? I offer payment for those who help me with a solution. Please write me at apoloniosalles@hotmail.com"
Go here for instructions to flash a new ROM as well as available ROM's:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Elf
16  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
9. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Nov 5 2008, 5:08 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 5:08 AM EST
"I bought a German HTC Touch and want to change the language of the operating system from German to English. To do this, I'll need an English-version ROM software and HTC are unwilling to do this for me. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
F"
I was able to acquire the ROM through HTC Asia (RUU_Elf_DOPODASIA_WWE_1.17.707.2B_4.1.13.46_02.97.90_BLUE_Ship) for my Elf. They have everything on that sie as opposed to HTC America.
6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
talontsi07
talontsi07
10. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Dec 5 2008, 5:00 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2008, 5:00 AM EST

Thanks,
F"
you cant legally change the os language but i have done it and it is a little tricky but possible if you want more info ask

Posted Anonymously
11. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Dec 11 2008, 12:33 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 12:33 AM EST

Thanks,
F"
I want to change my HTC from german to english
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
12. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Dec 11 2008, 2:45 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 2:45 AM EST
"I want to change my HTC from german to english"
Just follw the link that Rainman provided above, You will need to CID unlock your phone andthen reflash with an English (WWE) rom.

The procedure is all there.
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
13. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Dec 11 2008, 7:43 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 7:43 PM EST
Just look up the 6.1 update and ask it to install in English. It gives you the choice. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
talontsi07
talontsi07
14. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Dec 14 2008, 11:03 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 14 2008, 11:03 PM EST
"Just look up the 6.1 update and ask it to install in English. It gives you the choice."
you cant just install in a different language try it, it wont let you
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

vincep
15. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Dec 22 2008, 8:48 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2008, 8:48 AM EST
"you cant legally change the os language but i have done it and it is a little tricky but possible if you want more info ask"
I have a HTC Touch HD, and desperately want to change the language from Dutch to English. Can you help?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

GH74
16. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Feb 1 2009, 4:53 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 4:53 PM EST
WITHOUT PREJUDICE >> I am only writing about how I did this and providing the links I found on the internet.

I have done it this way on an UNLOCKED HTC HD (Blackstone) device. Total time takes less than 30 minutes provided you have already downloaded all the necessary software and relevant rom for your device. I am not certain this will work for LOCKED devices.

1. Make sure u install Microsoft ActiveSync on ur pc... then do a first time sync between device and pc.
2. Disable screensavers, hibernation on pc.
3. Sync and again and flash with the HardSPL rom from OliNex. You can find this HardSPL software from here >> http://wiki.xda-developers.com/uploads/Unsigned_HardSPL_for_Blackstone_OliNex.zip
The flashing completes in under 2 minutes.
4. Reboot device. TouchFlo3D will launch into the native language the device originally came in. Don't fret, the new rom now enables you to flash other language roms, even official ones from HTC, bypassing licensing and verification checks (of cos you must have the relevant rom in the first place).
5. Finally, flash again with the newset WWE (world wide english, if it's english you want) rom. You can find a depository of roms here >> Official HTC Touch HD Rom's
It takes more than 15 minutes this time.
6. Device reboots in english, or the language of the rom you flashed.

BEWARE >> your product warranty is now no longer valid! Any further problems you encounter will be your own FULL RESPONSIBILITY! So be forewarned!

GH74
17. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Feb 1 2009, 4:54 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 4:54 PM EST
"5. Finally, flash again with the newset WWE (world wide english, if it's english you want) rom. You can find a depository of roms here >> Official HTC Touch HD Rom's
It takes more than 15 minutes this time.
"
sorry the link for No. 5 is this >> http://duttythroy.net/download-area.html?func=select&id=35
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

idino3
18. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Mar 13 2009, 8:43 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 8:43 AM EDT
i just translated my boss' HTC Touch deutsch to English using GH74's method listed above and it worked for real. Thanks alot! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
mynameiskristopher
mynameiskristopher
19. RE: English ROM for HTC Touch
Mar 14 2009, 10:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2009, 10:00 PM EDT
Usually phones in germany are already programmed with their native language installed, as is the english ones. Why do so many people buy phones from other regions? Maybe I am naive... but I just don't understand the logic behind it. 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)