Discussion: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media PlayerReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time

Posted Anonymously
Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Jul 19 2007, 6:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 19 2007, 6:24 AM EDT
Dash - WM 6.0
When ever I play videos (MSNBC) the videos automatically play in Portrait mode, how do I change it to Landscape mode.

Any help is appreciated.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

RobC
1. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Jul 19 2007, 3:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 19 2007, 3:14 PM EDT
Not sure if this is it for you but for videos played from an internal file in fullscreen mode, WM6 has a problem (WM5 all was ok). The following I picked up from the web and it worked for me. Sorry I can't give credit to who posted it as I forgot where I got it...

Video Full Screen Fix
The big fix, that every Dash/Excalibur owners have been waiting for, and which was the big thorn in the whole wm6 official upgrade by T-Mobile. When you wanted to watch full screen video, you had to turn your Dash sideways to view the video.[not SlingPayer video]! We have a fix for the 90 degree screen rotation!
Here it is: Add the following new Key "Rotation" under HKLM\System\GDI e.g. [HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation] Then add this Dword "LandscapeMode" =0 Now you can watch Orb, movies and any video you like in full screen without any rotation of the screen, most Dash/Excalibur owners have three media players on their device, SlingPlayer, windows media player and the TCPMP player!
6  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Jul 20 2007, 7:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 20 2007, 7:16 AM EDT
Many thanks, that fixed it. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Jul 24 2007, 7:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 24 2007, 7:57 PM EDT
"Many thanks, that fixed it."
Sorry for being a noob but is this a folder in my phone or how do I edit the reg in my phone.

Thanks
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Jul 25 2007, 8:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2007, 8:28 PM EDT
Sure...that helped and now I can see videos in landscape mode. However, if the video does not meet the screen requirements (i.e., too large) then the image is cropped and I don't get the whole she-bang. You know what I mean?

HOW CAN I FIX IT TO MAKE IT FIT MY SCREEN BUT STILL IN LANDSCAPE AND FULLSCREEN MODE??

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Jul 31 2007, 4:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 31 2007, 4:34 PM EDT
Thanks so much RobC. Worked perfectly! For those who need to know how to edit the reg, you will need to download a red editor and then just follow the instructions below. I used IBE Reg Editor (free) and it worked great! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Jul 31 2007, 6:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 31 2007, 6:09 PM EDT
"Thanks so much RobC. Worked perfectly! For those who need to know how to edit the reg, you will need to download a red editor and then just follow the instructions below. I used IBE Reg Editor (free) and it worked great!"
Nice it worked awsome Thanks guys
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Aug 5 2007, 9:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2007, 9:21 AM EDT
I added the key and the dword into the registry of my Dash but it still plays fullscreen portrait. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Aug 7 2007, 8:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 7 2007, 8:19 AM EDT
"Not sure if this is it for you but for videos played from an internal file in fullscreen mode, WM6 has a problem (WM5 all was ok). The following I picked up from the web and it worked for me. Sorry I can't give credit to who posted it as I forgot where I got it...

Video Full Screen Fix
The big fix, that every Dash/Excalibur owners have been waiting for, and which was the big thorn in the whole wm6 official upgrade by T-Mobile. When you wanted to watch full screen video, you had to turn your Dash sideways to view the video.[not SlingPayer video]! We have a fix for the 90 degree screen rotation!
Here it is: Add the following new Key "Rotation" under HKLM\System\GDI e.g. [HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation] Then add this Dword "LandscapeMode" =0 Now you can watch Orb, movies and any video you like in full screen without any rotation of the screen, most Dash/Excalibur owners have three media players on their device, SlingPlayer, windows media player and the TCPMP player!"
you hit the nail on th head with your Video Full Screeen Fix. Thanks
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
9. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Aug 8 2007, 8:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 8 2007, 8:36 PM EDT
didn't work for me 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
10. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Aug 9 2007, 9:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 9 2007, 9:11 PM EDT
"Not sure if this is it for you but for videos played from an internal file in fullscreen mode, WM6 has a problem (WM5 all was ok). The following I picked up from the web and it worked for me. Sorry I can't give credit to who posted it as I forgot where I got it...

Video Full Screen Fix
Here it is: Add the following new Key "Rotation" under HKLM\System\GDI e.g. [HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation] Then add this Dword "LandscapeMode" =0 Now you can watch Orb, movies and any video you like in full screen without any rotation of the screen, most Dash/Excalibur owners have three media players on their device, SlingPlayer, windows media player and the TCPMP player!"
thanks but how do we reach that directory
[HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation]

thanks
donralfles
donralfles
11. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Aug 20 2007, 3:43 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 20 2007, 3:43 AM EDT
hey, i just bought the dash and i dont know how to do this.... and i only see one media player. as well i cannot watch videos from the web it says jave is off... have any idea how to fix this. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
12. RE: Change Portrait to Landscape in Windows Media Player
Aug 22 2007, 7:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2007, 7:40 PM EDT
when you get to Rotation and add the new DWORD, what part do you put for
DWORD Value
and
DWORD Value Data?

sorry, I'm new at this.
Do you find this valuable?