Discussion: Frozen start up screenReported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 37 of 37  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2

Posted Anonymously
20. RE: Frozen start up screen
Jun 17 2008, 2:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 17 2008, 2:48 PM EDT
"Happen to me today. Called t-mobile and rebotted system by holding down the (2) - - keys above the house and arrow while the phone is off. Then you continue to hold while you push the power button on the side for 2 seconds. Should go to white screen then black screen. once at black screen hit the green call button and follow the rest of the prompts."
Happened to me too, but frozing on Green screen Windows Mobile-Direct push technology.... had to repeat operation 2-3 times , then something unlocked the frozing process and started the WM5.0 again with no stop untill my Dash was reset to new.All datas lost...but ...no tears there.Thanks for the great tip.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
21. RE: Frozen start up screen
Aug 27 2008, 4:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 27 2008, 4:51 AM EDT
This is the solution: a hard reset by pressing the two [-] keys simultaneously while tapping the [power] button. After about half a dozen tries, I finally got it to work, reset the device (with storage card and SIM out) and was able to boot the phone to WM6 after 3 days out of commission. Thanks! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
tldreher1920
tldreher1920
22. RE: Frozen start up screen
Aug 27 2008, 12:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 27 2008, 12:26 PM EDT
"Same thing. I press the storage card (2MB) so it comes half out, then turn the DASH on, when the second screen shows I wait until either a beep is heard or the first icon appears, then I press the storage card back in and close the case. It did not use to do that. And occasionally I turned the "silent" feature on and let it boot and re-boot all night and it is always on when I wake up. "
I'm really starting to hate this phone. I'm on my 4th Dash within the last year and each and every time I have the frozen screen situation and had to do a master reset which means I lost all of my data. How did you let it boot and re-boot all night?
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
23. RE: Frozen start up screen
Aug 28 2008, 7:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 28 2008, 7:25 PM EDT
YEA YOU GOTTA TURN YOUR PHONE OFF WAIT A MINUTE OR TWO HOLD DOWN THE TWO MINUS SIGNS NEXT TO THE SCROLL PAD FOR A MINUTE AND THE TURN ON YOUR PHONE AT THE SAME TIME

Posted Anonymously
24. RE: Frozen start up screen
Aug 28 2008, 10:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 28 2008, 10:15 PM EDT
I had done the "Hard Reboot" , Cold Boot...everything..the problem WILL NOT go away. no one seems to have answers at T-Mobile or HTC..very fustrating there is definately a problem with something...I even upgraded to verizon 6.1 (via torrent) and same problems...does anyone have a solution to this ??> Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
25. RE: Frozen start up screen
Aug 28 2008, 11:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 28 2008, 11:47 PM EDT
I can't believe people are STILL struggling with that Dash and Tmobile. The solution for me was to switch to ATT and get an Iphone - a phone that does everything the Dash promised without the bugs. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
26. RE: Frozen start up screen
Aug 29 2008, 5:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 29 2008, 5:00 AM EDT
worked like a charm!!! but i had to leave it plugged in.. i would also walk away from it after doing the reboot.. to me it looked like it was freezing again.. but it wasn't.. Do you find this valuable?    
tldreher1920
tldreher1920
27. RE: Frozen start up screen
Aug 29 2008, 6:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 29 2008, 6:07 AM EDT
As I stated this is my 4th Dash and each and every time I have had to do a hard reset and I'm tired of it. I've lost too much information and Tmobile isn't helpful at all so I will be moving to ATT and getting the Iphone. Screw this I'm tired! Do you find this valuable?    

trinabentley
28. FROZEN START UP SCREEN
Aug 29 2008, 4:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 29 2008, 4:44 PM EDT
yeah, this is my 5th dash this year!! ...all with totally different HARDWARE issues, not software. i didn't have software issues until i downloaded the 6.0 version (on 3 of them), then i had a whole NEW set of issues. this phone has been horrible to put it mildly (with NO support from t-mobile or compensation). now on my 5th phone the welcome screen freezes on me... i'm afraid i'll have to do a master reset and lose all my data unless there is ANY OTHER WAY? i'll be switching to AT & T to get the iphone for sure. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
29. RE: FROZEN START UP SCREEN
Aug 30 2008, 3:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 30 2008, 3:51 AM EDT
I am also on my 4th Tmobile dash..everytime I call tmobile they seem so shocked and act like this is the first they've heard of hte phone freezing up...my contract is up very soon and I will be switching carriers! Do you find this valuable?    

rperez7
30. RE: Frozen start up screen
Aug 30 2008, 5:06 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 30 2008, 5:06 AM EDT
I had the same issue when I updated to 6.0. It is definately because of the storage card. I also had an issue where if I was listening to music using my headphones and received a text message ,sound would start coming out of the speaker. That was pretty annoying. Not too mention the Windows media player dropping the Storage Card Library. I was about to dump the phone when I found some info on updating to WM 6.1 . I didn't have much to lose since the phone was getting on my nerves. It was the best decision I could have made all of the issues that I had have been cleared up 6.1 is faster and pretty stable not to mention the sliding panels home looks awesome. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
31. RE: Frozen start up screen
Sep 23 2008, 2:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 23 2008, 2:46 PM EDT
The only thing that worked is holding down the buttons above the house and the arrow while turning the phone on. Thanks a million for that info....you saved me a few hundred dollars. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
32. RE: Frozen start up screen
Sep 29 2008, 8:04 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 29 2008, 8:04 AM EDT
Well, I've tried to use the dash buttons, and I can get to the first black screen that prompts you to hit send to clear all memory and revert to factory settings, BUT....
when I hit send it just goes back to that Tmobile white welcome screen.

I dont know what to do, because I cant get my computer to recognize the dash as a device when I plug it in via mini usb to usb (non-propriety cable).

Anyone have any other advice? Maybe using it as a paperweight instead of a phone?
Thanks!!!

Posted Anonymously
33. RE: Frozen start up screen
Nov 9 2008, 5:16 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2008, 5:16 AM EST
Upgrade to 6.1 it will make those problems go away. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
melz671
melz671
34. RE: Frozen start up screen
Nov 30 2009, 11:49 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 30 2009, 11:49 PM EST
"Happen to me today. Called t-mobile and rebotted system by holding down the (2) - - keys above the house and arrow while the phone is off. Then you continue to hold while you push the power button on the side for 2 seconds. Should go to white screen then black screen. once at black screen hit the green call button and follow the rest of the prompts."
Thanks A Bunch, Worked For My Phone. Good Job, Down Side Wiped Out All Info On My Phone. Thanks Again........
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
35. RE: Frozen start up screen
Dec 1 2009, 5:42 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 1 2009, 5:42 AM EST
"Thanks A Bunch, Worked For My Phone. Good Job, Down Side Wiped Out All Info On My Phone. Thanks Again........"
Any time you flash a new ROM it will wipe the phone clean. You need to be sure you are backed up to your storage card or your PC (preferably both) so you can restore your data after the new operating system loads. To insure your data integrity, always remove your storage card and SIM card before you flash a new ROM.

You made the right decision to upgrade to 6.1. It is a much more stable and bug free OS than the old 6.0. If you happened to be synced with a PC before the upgrade, you may be able to restore your data.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

riffinator
36. RE: Frozen start up screen
Jun 13 2010, 6:54 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2010, 6:54 PM EDT
THIS WORKED PERFECTLY.. My dash phone would freeze on the 2nd or 3rd screen ... it takes a few minutes to start loading and restoring and it looks likes its doing nothing.. but be patient.. it will work!!! Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2