Discussion: How to transfer pictures from phone memory to memory cardReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts
guardiangell
guardiangell
How to transfer pictures from phone memory to memory card
May 7 2010, 5:44 AM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2010, 5:44 AM EDT
Hi all, I have a Diamond 2 phone with built-in memory and a 4gb memory card. Each time after I plugged my phone to the computer, the camera settings would change and the picture save location is changed to phone built-in memory. If I do not manually change the settings each time, then all pictures that I take thereafter will be saved in the phone memory. I have about 25 pictures left to save to phone memory, and 4500 pictures left for the memory card. I would like to see if there is a way to transfer the pictures from phone memory to memory card. I can't seem to do it. I can't seem to sync my phone to the computer, either. I am running an XP machine and most of the time it does not recognize my phone.
I have a folder on the computer inside "My Documents" and it is where I can find the documents on the phone if I am connecting the phone to my computer. However, it does not contain the pictures folder on the phone. I know it's two totally different issues, but can somebody help?

Thank you!
15  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    

denjohn
1. RE: How to transfer pictures from phone memory to memory card
Jun 7 2010, 2:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 7 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
i'm having the same problem! have the hd2 and cannot seem to be able to transfer phone memory pictures to memory card. also these pictures wont upload when i connect to the computer. i dont want to lose them and cant print them either!! tried various sites but no luck : any help out there? 14  out of 22 found this valuable. Do you?    
guardiangell
guardiangell
2. RE: How to transfer pictures from phone memory to memory card
Jun 7 2010, 3:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 7 2010, 3:08 PM EDT
When you connect the phone to your computer, it doesn't read the memory card! I had to set up Microsoft ActiveSync and allow data transfer on my phone. It isn't easy because a lot of the files do not get synched!! I hope someone out there is able to help us... 6  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

ninadkulkarni
3. RE: How to transfer pictures from phone memory to memory card
Jun 21 2010, 2:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 21 2010, 2:03 AM EDT
Here is the solution guys. Go to your photo which is in phone memory. Tap on it to copy.Then goto the folder on memory card and paste the copied item/photo. Now you have your photo/item available in the memory card.

Hope this is helpful...!
All the best!

-Ninad
12  out of 22 found this valuable. Do you?    

ninadkulkarni
4. RE: How to transfer pictures from phone memory to memory card
Jun 21 2010, 2:05 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 21 2010, 2:05 AM EDT
Please note you have to browse for that photo from File Explorer menu 17  out of 25 found this valuable. Do you?    
ប៉ូលីប៉ុបឡុង
ប៉ូលីប៉ុបឡុង
5. Re: How to transfer pictures from phone memory to memory card in HD2
Dec 30 2011, 10:45 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2011, 10:46 PM EST
1- go to start
2- click on file explorer and look for the pictures that you want to move
3- tape on menu on the right and choose edit
4- select and copy or cut if you don't want to leave them in the phone
5- go to your memory card, create a new folder if you like and paste
6- enjoy! ;)
30  out of 42 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)