Discussion: How do I listen voicemail message files from Magicjack on my HTC TouchReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 post
jcarmona2671
jcarmona2671
How do I listen voicemail message files from Magicjack on my HTC Touch
Feb 14 2010, 3:09 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 14 2010, 3:09 PM EST
I just purchased Magicjack, a device that enables you to make free local and long distance calls over your broadband connection. One of the features is voice mail and the delivery of those messages to your registered email inbox. The message is delivered as a WAV file attached to the email message. When I double click on the attachment while using my computer, Windows Media Player automatically opens and plays the voicemail message. When I try to do the same on my HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint), I receive the following error message:

Unrecognized file type. Tap and hold the attachment to save it and open it using a compatible program.

Following these instructions I save the attachment and try to open it with Windows Media on my HTC. No luck. Windows media player can't even see the file. I go through File Explorer and receive the following error message:

There is no application associated with "Voicemail sound attachment". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application.

I noticed that the attachment that I saved to the HTC didn't have the WAV extension that was present in Outlook on my computer. I then renamed the file, adding the WAV extension and attempted to open the file again using Windows Media and File Explorer. Again, Windows Media did not see the file (File, Open) and File Explore gave me the same message it did previously.

Does anyone know how I can get this to work? It would be nice to recieve and listen to voicemail notifications from Magicjack on my HTC.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Sign in to be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)