Discussion: HTC tilt, change op systemReported This is a featured thread

Showing 10 posts
INOV8R
INOV8R
HTC tilt, change op system
Dec 23 2009, 12:32 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2009, 12:32 PM EST
I want to change my operating system from the pocket pc version to the htc version. How can i do this . I dont like windows or pocket pc. Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
1. RE: HTC tilt, change op system
Jan 3 2010, 8:31 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 3 2010, 8:31 PM EST
The HTC version IS the PPC version. Microsoft writes Windows Mobile Operating System for HTC WM phones. HTC then licenses the OS from Microsoft and customizes the OS for it's particular devices. If you don't like Windows Mobile, HTC makes phones that work on the Android Operating System (a subset of Linux) that is being developed for mobile phones by Google; but you can't load an Android OS onto a phone designed for WM.

If you have specific problems with WM on your Tilt, post them here and we may be able to help you.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
INOV8R
INOV8R
2. RE: HTC tilt, change op system
Jan 4 2010, 12:45 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2010, 12:45 PM EST
"The HTC version IS the PPC version. Microsoft writes Windows Mobile Operating System for HTC WM phones. HTC then licenses the OS from Microsoft and customizes the OS for it's particular devices. If you don't like Windows Mobile, HTC makes phones that work on the Android Operating System (a subset of Linux) that is being developed for mobile phones by Google; but you can't load an Android OS onto a phone designed for WM.

If you have specific problems with WM on your Tilt, post them here and we may be able to help you."
Hello thank you for the reply , How can i do this software change ?
Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
3. RE: HTC tilt, change op system
Jan 4 2010, 1:07 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2010, 1:07 PM EST
"Hello thank you for the reply , How can i do this software change ?"
The only way to change to Android (if that is the Operating System you would like) is to buy a phone that is set up for an Android Operating System.

You can not change your HTC Tilt to run on Android. It is designed for Windows Mobile OS.
INOV8R
INOV8R
4. RE: HTC tilt, change op system
Jan 4 2010, 4:54 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2010, 4:54 PM EST
"The only way to change to Android (if that is the Operating System you would like) is to buy a phone that is set up for an Android Operating System.

You can not change your HTC Tilt to run on Android. It is designed for Windows Mobile OS."
OK , thank you for the reply, I really do not like the old pocket pc screen and menus the tilt has, So besides the android op system , ( which I have the G1 phone and love it ) is there any other operating system i can put on it so im not looking at the old pocket pc version. What will work ?
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
5. RE: HTC tilt, change op system
Jan 4 2010, 9:45 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2010, 9:46 PM EST
"OK , thank you for the reply, I really do not like the old pocket pc screen and menus the tilt has, So besides the android op system , ( which I have the G1 phone and love it ) is there any other operating system i can put on it so im not looking at the old pocket pc version. What will work ?"
Now I understand what you are looking for. You want to change the user interface meaning the screens and menus that you see when you turn on the device and navigate from screen to screen. Take a look at Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3. This is a User Interface that loads on top of the Windows Mobile Operating System and completely changes the look and feel of the device. I have been using Mobile Shell since I had my Cingular 8125. I am currently using it on my Tilt, Fuze and Tilt2. With Mobile Shell loaded, you will barely know you have a WM OS. You can download a free trial of the program at www.spbsoftwarehouse.com . You can create screens with widgets that make the phone do what you want. All screens are customizable. Check out the demo on the Spb site and look at screen shots on my profile. It is easy to set up and I think it will solve your problem. Post back if you have questions.
INOV8R
INOV8R
6. RE: HTC tilt, change op system
Jan 5 2010, 7:48 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2010, 7:48 AM EST
"Now I understand what you are looking for. You want to change the user interface meaning the screens and menus that you see when you turn on the device and navigate from screen to screen. Take a look at Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3. This is a User Interface that loads on top of the Windows Mobile Operating System and completely changes the look and feel of the device. I have been using Mobile Shell since I had my Cingular 8125. I am currently using it on my Tilt, Fuze and Tilt2. With Mobile Shell loaded, you will barely know you have a WM OS. You can download a free trial of the program at www.spbsoftwarehouse.com . You can create screens with widgets that make the phone do what you want. All screens are customizable. Check out the demo on the Spb site and look at screen shots on my profile. It is easy to set up and I think it will solve your problem. Post back if you have questions."
Thank you very much, im going to look at it now . Thank you
INOV8R
INOV8R
7. RE: HTC tilt, change op system
Jan 5 2010, 2:48 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2010, 2:48 PM EST
"Thank you very much, im going to look at it now . Thank you "
Hello , How do i download this to the HTC tilt ?
denco7
denco7
8. RE: HTC tilt, change op system
Jan 5 2010, 3:09 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2010, 3:09 PM EST
You might also try Manila 2D, my personal favorite.

http://www.htcwiki.com/page/Manila+2D+and+M2D+Themes
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
9. RE: HTC tilt, change op system
Jan 5 2010, 3:13 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2010, 3:13 PM EST
"Hello , How do i download this to the HTC tilt ?"
You can either download it directly to the Tilt from the internet, or sync your Tilt to your PC then go to the spb website and hit "download trial" then hit "run" from the PC screen then follow the instruction on the Tilt screen. It will say the software is from an unknown publisher do you want to load it - say "yes" and follow the prompts on the Tilt and PC.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)