Discussion: HTC PRO 2 message in inbox stuckReported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

earodri
HTC PRO 2 message in inbox stuck
Sep 19 2009, 5:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 19 2009, 5:19 AM EDT
I just got a htc pro 2 and it is saying i have a message in my inbox, however i dont, i already deleted everything from my inbox and every other folder. what can i do to get rid of that. it bothers me seeing the message. hehe. please help =) 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Dr.Jello
Dr.Jello
1. RE: HTC PRO 2 message in inbox stuck
Sep 19 2009, 9:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 19 2009, 9:03 AM EDT
Go into file explorer then Mydevice-->Windows folder-->Messaging folder--->Delete everything in this folder. Also, if you have a SD card use file explorer and look for a messaging folder and delete everyting in that. If you see a folder called inbox delete everything in there to, If you need any attachment from your SD card make sure you save them to a computer first. Finaly if that doesn't work your going to need to hard reset the phone in order to clear the ghost message. If somehow it does come back after a hard reset then it may appeared to be stuck in the carriers server.Whick you would need to call your carrier. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

NCIronMan
2. RE: HTC PRO 2 message in inbox stuck
Sep 20 2009, 5:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 20 2009, 5:30 AM EDT
I use a program called MemMaid by DinarSoft ver 2.3. Think I bought it from Handango? Believe it was $24.95. It is VERY customizable and when run, will clean your browser cash, history, temp files, recycle bin, corrupt registry entries and bad or left over uninstall data plus MANY other options. All completely selectable and customizable. It also cleans the message cue and resets the win notification cue. I find it very usefull and run it almost daily depending on usage on my Touch Pro. I HIGHLY recommend it. Originally bought it for my PPC6800 Alltel and then migrated it to my upgraded Touch Pro. It WILL clean out the gohst messages in your inbox. It also allows for MANY other options such as reassigning programs or .dll's to run on your storage card instead of your main memory if that becomes an issue for you. It is available as a fully functional trial prior to purchase. I promise you will find it usefull. Takes a little while to learn how to use it and navigate around but worth the effort. Just ran it on my phone and it cleaned out 263.80 KB of RAM 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

NCIronMan
3. RE: HTC PRO 2 message in inbox stuck
Sep 20 2009, 5:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 20 2009, 5:32 AM EDT
Forgot to add - soft reset after running. You will notice a significant increase in the responsiveness and speed of your phone after running. Enjoy! ;o) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
PWRDbyTRD
PWRDbyTRD
4. RE: HTC PRO 2 message in inbox stuck
Nov 16 2009, 11:52 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2009, 11:52 AM EST
I posted a fix in this thread: http://www.htcwiki.com/thread/3423766/Incorrect+unread+message+count

but here is the link again anyways and this doesn't cost a thing...
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1910769
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)