Showing 1 - 12 of 12  |  Show  posts at a time

peter4878
Itune
Jan 9 2009, 9:57 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2009, 9:57 AM EST
I have downloaded the newest windows media player and I'm still can't get any of the music from my itune added to my phone any ideas Do you find this valuable?    

peter4878
1. RE: Itune
Jan 9 2009, 9:58 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2009, 9:58 AM EST
"I have downloaded the newest windows media player and I'm still can't get any of the music from my itune added to my phone any ideas"
I have an att tilt
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: Itune
Jan 9 2009, 10:16 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2009, 10:16 AM EST
"I have downloaded the newest windows media player and I'm still can't get any of the music from my itune added to my phone any ideas"
All the songs you buy from iTunes are formatted (M4P) specifically only to be played by iTunes; this is related to copyrighting.
In order to use the songs from your iTunes on any non iTune(Aple) device, you will need to find a converter...check out http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6258&highlight=mp4+mp3
denco7
denco7
3. RE: Itune
Jan 9 2009, 10:17 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2009, 10:17 AM EST
"I have an att tilt"
iTunes downloads are restricted with DRM's and can only be downloaded to an ipod connected to your iTune library. Thank-you Apple for letting us pay you for music, and then telling us when and where we can play it.
browntannis
browntannis
4. RE: Itune
Jan 11 2009, 4:27 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2009, 4:27 PM EST
"iTunes downloads are restricted with DRM's and can only be downloaded to an ipod connected to your iTune library. Thank-you Apple for letting us pay you for music, and then telling us when and where we can play it."
I was able to "unlock" the music that I bought from iTunes using a 3rd party app, basically iit unlocked it and converted it to MP3's. I have also used the trial version of Protected Music Converter found at www.wma-mp3.com.
AdamTxPdx
AdamTxPdx
5. RE: Itune
Jan 12 2009, 1:03 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2009, 1:03 PM EST
"I was able to "unlock" the music that I bought from iTunes using a 3rd party app, basically iit unlocked it and converted it to MP3's. I have also used the trial version of Protected Music Converter found at www.wma-mp3.com."
This should not be a problem much longer as apple has announced it is going all DRM free. The Windows Media Player should still be able to play songs formatted for iTunes as long as there is no DRM.

adamdyer
6. RE: Itune
Jan 14 2009, 5:17 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2009, 5:17 PM EST
I have actually discovered (by accident) a way to play songs purchased from itunes on my tilt and my wifes treo without buying or downloading any expensive or possibly infected (downloaded) software. All that has to be done is:
1) burn your songs from itunes to a cd as audio.
2) remove and then reinsert the cd to the pc.
3) rip songs from cd using media player.
media player will convert the songs to mp3 automatically.

Good luck!!!
AdamTxPdx
AdamTxPdx
7. RE: Itune
Jan 15 2009, 7:10 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2009, 7:10 AM EST
"I have actually discovered (by accident) a way to play songs purchased from itunes on my tilt and my wifes treo without buying or downloading any expensive or possibly infected (downloaded) software. All that has to be done is:

Good luck!!!"
BTW, songs do not have to be in the MP3 format to play on a Windows Mobile phone. Mine played the iTunes format out of the box. I didn't need to download any software. If your songs have no DRM then they should play. If you songs still have DRM then the process above will remove the DRM from the song file.

ronmaclachlan
8. RE: Itune
Feb 5 2010, 12:20 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2010, 12:20 PM EST
"I have actually discovered (by accident) a way to play songs purchased from itunes on my tilt and my wifes treo without buying or downloading any expensive or possibly infected (downloaded) software. All that has to be done is:

Good luck!!!"
Can you do the same using a flash ram? Thanks, Ron

robbiepayne
9. RE: Itune
Feb 6 2010, 2:21 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2010, 4:00 AM EST
When you burn a cd on any music management software it usually forces it to covert the music into the WAV codec which does not support the containers used to apply DRM. Music will loose its DRM when you convert it to any codec that does not support it. If you have music management software that can convert to WAV without having to burn to a cd then you can do it without the cds.
If you go to itunes preferences and change the import settings to MP3, WAV or AAC, you can then just select the songs you want to convert, right click and select convert. Your music will be converted to the codec you chose as the import setting.
I have found that music I bought on iTunes seems to work on my HTC Hero just fine in its original format, even better than mp3 actually as it keeps the album art work

robbiepayne
10. RE: Itune
Feb 6 2010, 3:07 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2010, 3:21 PM EST
... Do you find this valuable?    

robbiepayne
11. RE: Itune
Feb 6 2010, 3:10 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2010, 3:20 PM EST
... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)