Discussion: Data connection problem after flashing ROMReported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 29 of 29  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2

nt1
20. RE: Data connection problem after flashing ROM
May 9 2008, 8:08 PM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2008, 8:08 PM EDT
Nice but too late I got mine working with more advanced versions out there.... data is fine for me now. thanks for help! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
21. RE: Data connection problem after flashing ROM
May 10 2008, 6:00 AM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2008, 6:00 AM EDT
0the bell update restored the data on the newest softewre and made the bluetooth stable... still crappy bell tho, so flashed to sprint and DIDNT LET THE CUSTIMISTAIONS RUN and now have fully functional gps,,, using visualgps ce to keep it alive, tomtom, and holux all see the internal gps... used a dialing rule to check that nothing was relying on a data connection in any way (like google maps etc) and hey presto pukka stand alone gps.. that 80 buck dongle i bought is looking clunky now....

either way now i have all systmes working and an open bootloader i am ready to try some alternative roms,,, any suggestions for cool roms that keep all the above functionality greatly appreciated...

thanks to toons too for an awesome guide in the first place...
Do you find this valuable?    

Grashoper
22. RE: Data connection problem after flashing ROM
May 17 2008, 3:30 PM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2008, 3:30 PM EDT
Hi guys. i just came across this thread. I have lost my data for almost 2 weeks now, i have been searching and searching like crazy. Finally found this thread. i have always suspected that what i have read here has been my problem with loss of Data. the username and PW fields are both blank, and i didn't write them down. (Stupid me) How can i get this information back to the way its supposed to be?? i would call tech support but don't want them to know i was tinkering with my phone. I have already been into the service center and they have no idea. Thanks for your time. Do you find this valuable?    

mma2005
23. RE: Data connection problem after flashing ROM
Jun 18 2008, 4:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 18 2008, 4:50 PM EDT
I have this problem as well, let the sprint customizations install. Lol stupid me. I'm now trying my 3rd time with this latest bell rom to get my info back. If it doesn't work I hope someone can help me with the stock bell rom.

Thanks.

mma2005
24. RE: Data connection problem after flashing ROM
Jun 18 2008, 7:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 18 2008, 7:11 PM EDT
got it to work on the 3rd try, just ran the bell installer for the new version rom.

Got my data info and put on the sprint rom minus letting the customizations run. Seems good so far.

Posted Anonymously
25. RE: Data connection problem after flashing ROM
Jun 19 2008, 5:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 19 2008, 5:03 AM EDT
I had the same problem, I let customizations on sprint run and it killed my data. Restoring a Bell ROM returned my settings, after that I was able to update with the sprint ROM without customizations and not killing my data. Do not let customizations run, if you have, you will have to fall back to a bell supported ROM. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
chosebin
chosebin
26. RE: Data connection problem after flashing ROM
Jul 8 2008, 4:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2008, 4:29 PM EDT
Hi everybody! This is my first posts after weeks of reading and my english is not perfect, but I really think that you’ll love it. This is the solution for Recovery Of HDR AN AUTH Password and AAA Shared Secret! Yes, you correctly read! Symptoms are similar to my 6900 but I think it works the same way as your 6800.

First of all, thanks for Toonces to make my mind lighting up on ONE thing I forgot: reuse of a stock “Bell update. . hahaha. . .” as he says and he’s so f* right!

I also scrapped my Bell Touch 6900 with a Sprint update, all others from OMJ, NFS, DCD, Alltell, Telus and blablabla went fine but the last one killed my data connection. After 10 days of reading, I called tech support and invented a story about the update of 4-18-08. Finally got a 2nd and 3rd line support tech after 5 days, but I really feel that the guys knows what I really did and no way to have the precious information about this HDR credentials… And this is normal, why they have to give freely the knowledge necessary they paid to acquire and maintain their infrastructures… Anyway!
chosebin
chosebin
27. RE: Data connection problem after flashing ROM
Jul 8 2008, 4:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2008, 4:29 PM EDT

Now let’s get to the serious stuff. This is the pancake’s recipe you need. I will assume that you know what is SPL, how to manipulate RUU, what is the spccode and what is the phone code usage ##. Otherwise, read more, there is so much places to learn that.

--How to Recover Lost HDR AN AUTH Password and AAA Shared Secret --
Tested on Bell HTC Touch Vogue HTC6900 MP6900, by ChoseBin

Up/Downgrade spl to 0.40.Coke
Up/Downgrade radio to 1.59.10a
Dowgrade stock image to 1.19.666.1 (RUU_Vogue_BM_WWE_1.19.666.1_1.59.10a_BM_NV133_PRL31398_Ship.exe)
Go To Reverse Logistic Support (##786#)
Enter your spccode, Menu, Reset, Ok,
After the default wizard, --LET-- the customization runs
Run the Activation Wizard MSL (##yourspccode#)
Select item MDN, Edit, 10-digits phone number
Select item MSID, Edit, 10-digits phone number
Menu, Ok, Yes, Ok

And Finally!
Go to EPST (##778#), Edit, Spccode, View Info, Security, HDR AN …. Edit, SCROLL THEM and WRITE THEM DOWN before your next experiences ;-)
Same thing to View, M.IP Profile 1, AAA Shared Secret

Enjoy and don't forget to SHARE this knowledge; don't let it be 'Aaa unShared Secret' ;-))

kidfox741852
28. RE: Data connection problem after flashing ROM
Mar 15 2009, 6:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 15 2009, 6:45 PM EDT
hello, I am on Telus in Canada so this may not help you, however I had the EXACT same problem when I had my HTC touch (I now have a diamond) and I upgraded from WM6.0 to WM 6.1 and after that I got that message. It turns out i had to dial: *22803 from the phone, select 1 for English, then 1 again to "program my phone" However as i said earlier i am on telus so the process may not work, but i hope that helps Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2