Discussion: Black ScreenReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 12 of 12  |  Show  posts at a time

Posted Anonymously
Black Screen
Feb 6 2008, 7:37 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 7:37 AM EST
My screen is black, the phone still works, but I don't see anything.

Now I don't know how this happened, I didn't drop it or anything like that, I simply took it out of my pocket and realized it wasn't working.

I'm not sure if I have to fully replace it, is there a way to fix the lcd screen?

And I can not find any replacement screens on the internet for this phone...will they be coming out with them soon ?
2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Black Screen
Feb 6 2008, 8:00 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 8:00 AM EST
"My screen is black, the phone still works, but I don't see anything.

Now I don't know how this happened, I didn't drop it or anything like that, I simply took it out of my pocket and realized it wasn't working.

I'm not sure if I have to fully replace it, is there a way to fix the lcd screen?

And I can not find any replacement screens on the internet for this phone...will they be coming out with them soon ? "
Did you remove and reinsert the battery to see if that does the trick??
5  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Black Screen
Feb 6 2008, 8:10 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 8:10 AM EST
"Did you remove and reinsert the battery to see if that does the trick??"
Yes I did, many times actually.

Everything is working but the screen..I really have no clue on what to do.
8  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Black Screen
Feb 6 2008, 8:55 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 8:55 AM EST
Is there anyway I can replace the Shadow screen with another screen from another model, I can't find any Shadow screen's on the internet yet, I think the Wing has the same sized screen, can I replace it with the wing? 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
king001001
king001001
4. RE: Black Screen
Feb 16 2008, 5:46 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 16 2008, 5:46 PM EST
I have a problem with the external screen of htc 3100.
The external screen will “on” at the startup,but after this the screen will automatically turn off.
I had tried so hard with it. I had updated the rom but it’s a complete failure.

For this problem I had found a very valuable data posted by the admin at the mobile section of

http://www.Fab007forum.forumotion.com

Its really easy

“””It had said to move a small magnet over the screen which have problem.”””

I had tried this and now its working wonderfully
Really its an fantastic idea
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Black Screen
Feb 20 2008, 5:27 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 20 2008, 5:27 AM EST
Yo the same exact thing happened to my Shadow also. I didnt drop or sit on it. I have had it in a protective case with a screen protector and I pull it out of my pocket the other day at work to send a text and the whole screen white with a big spot of ink in the lower elft corner. Im so pissed I got this phone for X mas Brand new off ebay. There is no replacement screen anywhere!! 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: Black Screen
Sep 6 2008, 8:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 6 2008, 8:11 PM EDT
I just got my shadow three hours ago and the damn screen went totally black. i can't make calls, no sound is made, but the green light up top is blinking like nothing is wrong. I changed the battery with the other battery I got with it, but still nothing. I've been charging it but still I cannot turn it on; will I be able to get a new shadow? I think I might shut my t-mobile service off if I can't get a replacement. 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: Black Screen
Sep 17 2008, 6:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 17 2008, 6:22 AM EDT
"I just got my shadow three hours ago and the damn screen went totally black. i can't make calls, no sound is made, but the green light up top is blinking like nothing is wrong. I changed the battery with the other battery I got with it, but still nothing. I've been charging it but still I cannot turn it on; will I be able to get a new shadow? I think I might shut my t-mobile service off if I can't get a replacement."
I've got exactly the same problem except there's a white line at the bottom of my screen. When I tried to sync it this morning it went crazy. I've updated the firmware and hard reset the phone so many times...... its just not working.... Plz i need help with this
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: Black Screen
Oct 24 2008, 6:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 24 2008, 6:09 AM EDT
Guys, I'm even more screwed!! My screen went blank, and obviously I can't do a thing. I called tech support, and they suggested I hook it up on the computer and try to save all the info before reseting the phone. Not a bad idea. Well, I hooked it on to the computer and a window pops up saying I have to unlock the phone first!! Yes, I keep my phone locked with a PIN for security reasons.... and now that the screen is blank, how am I going to even try and unlock the phone?!!! 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
9. RE: Black Screen
Oct 25 2008, 3:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 25 2008, 3:07 PM EDT
The same thing happened to my son's Shadow. He takes good care of his, which is probably why his lasted 10 months. The screen suddenly went black, but he can use the phone otherwise. I called t-mobile, and they confirmed he has a 1-year manufacturers warranty, so they are sending us a replacement (like-new) Shadow. As long as there are no cracks in the screen, no obvious signs of damage, and no water damage (little white circle under the battery turns red) they will replace it for no charge and no contract extension. We just have to pay the shipping of $10. They pay the return shipping of the defective phone. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
10. RE: Black Screen
Dec 13 2008, 10:51 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2008, 10:51 AM EST
"I have a problem with the external screen of htc 3100.
The external screen will “on” at the startup,but after this the screen will automatically turn off.
I had tried so hard with it. I had updated the rom but it’s a complete failure.

For this problem I had found a very valuable data posted by the admin at the mobile section of

http://www.Fab007forum.forumotion.com

Its really easy

“””It had said to move a small magnet over the screen which have problem.”””

I had tried this and now its working wonderfully
Really its an fantastic idea"
huh??

"From the User manual":
Please avoid putting any media that contains magnets,
e.g. magnetic card, credit cards, bank cards, audio/
video tape or magnetic memory devices, directly on
the device or stylus without any distance.
It is highly recommended to put the media containing
magnets in a security distance of at least 5 cm. If you
carry your wallet or billfold which contains magnetic
cards next to the device or its stylus, information
stored on these cards could be destroyed.
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Ktown91
11. RE: Black Screen
Aug 21 2009, 7:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2009, 7:21 AM EDT
I didn't do any of what the last post says. I'm not in the habit of keeping magnets or credit cards in the same area as my phone. And, my screen on my 2nd shadow has recently begun to turn black. Also, during the day when I'm not touching it the light turns on for no reason and no text comes in. When it turns black I can't turn it off and then I have to take the battery out. Tmobile is sending me another one (new or like new my butt but..) I have no choice because I sucked in and bought this crapping thing in May 2008 when the seller at the store knew the Shadow II was coming out and said NOTHING. I'm stuck with this for another 7 mos because now I'm so used to the PDA/Smartphone technology and I can't afford to buy another comparable phone off Tmobile's website for $300 to $600. I wish Tmobile offered better solutions when you have issues like this. I've been a customer since April of 1998 and never gone anywhere else. HTC was no help either. They said they could fix my 2nd Shadow for between $100 and $200. No way because in another 7 mos it will break again. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?