Discussion: Delete multiple messagesReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 20  |  Show  posts at a time

Posted Anonymously
Delete multiple messages
Jan 4 2008, 3:34 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2008, 3:34 PM EST
Stupid question I'm sure, but how do I delete multiple messages from my Inbox.

SMS is getting slow as Inbox and Sent Items have a lot in them, do I have to delete one by one? Cant work out a way to select more than one (or even select all). Is it in there somewhere?

Tks!

Matt
13  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Delete multiple messages
Jan 7 2008, 5:13 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 7 2008, 5:13 AM EST
yes there is a way to delete all text messages from your folders. Go to your text message screen and hit "menu" Now, you'll see your "deleted items" "drafts" "inbox" etc..

highlight the folder u want to clear and press menu again and select "clear all text messages"

warning: Selecting this will make your phone slow down dramatically! you wont be able to answer calls or send messages as that this process takes almost as long as it would if u were to delete the messages individually. I suggest you turn your radio off until after all the messages clear so you dont miss incoming texts or have your phone freeze up because of an incoming call. I hope this has been helpful. Any Q's I'm at gdawg5454"at"gmail.com
22  out of 25 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Delete multiple messages
Jan 13 2008, 4:22 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2008, 4:22 AM EST
thanks for that - so it is all or one-by-one then....kinda sucks, since with a touchscreen phone i could just 'scroll and circle' them to delete.

thanks for the pointer though, appreciate it!
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Delete multiple messages
Jan 16 2008, 1:09 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2008, 1:09 PM EST
Thanks man.. this was a pain in my ass as well.. Problem solved!
:-)
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. re : delete
Feb 9 2008, 6:00 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2008, 6:00 AM EST
yay!
i love youu!

hah a
thanks,
iitt saveeedd my liifee!

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: re : delete
Mar 7 2008, 6:16 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 7 2008, 6:16 AM EST
thank you that was awesome. I used to sit there for hours trying to erase all of my messages. 5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. delete
May 14 2008, 8:58 AM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2008, 8:58 AM EDT
thanks so much! ive looked everywhere just to find help.
thanks!
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

rtwizzay
7. RE: delete
May 14 2008, 6:05 PM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2008, 6:05 PM EDT
dude..go to texts...in ur inbox...then click menu..then folders...then click menu again..then clear text messages...lol...its okay...every one has their moments.. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: delete
Jul 9 2008, 11:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 9 2008, 11:12 AM EDT
thanks a lot dude...!!! 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
huanmah
huanmah
9. RE: Delete multiple messages
Jul 9 2008, 6:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 9 2008, 6:19 PM EDT
What u can do is when go to inbox, just click shift and hold it, and then click the down button and then u will be highlighting the messages. 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

ROBB-SKLLZ
10. RE: Delete multiple messages
Jul 14 2008, 2:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 14 2008, 2:15 PM EDT
wen ur in ur messages,,hit menu,scroll to folders,,after that,scroll to the folder u want to delete all txts frm ( drafts,sent..etc ) which ever,,den hit tha menu (soft key ) scroll to clear txt msgs n waa-laa 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
11. RE: Delete multiple messages
Jul 29 2008, 4:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 29 2008, 4:16 AM EDT
i want to get it off my phone for good help me please 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
12. RE: Delete multiple messages
Aug 11 2008, 10:05 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 11 2008, 10:05 AM EDT
this was perfect!!! I ended up selecting "clear storage" and deleting everything because i tried to do this!
(good thing i sync-ed my phone w/ my computer or i would have been screwed!!!

Thank you sooooooooo much! (next time i will know what to do!)

Posted Anonymously
13. RE: Delete multiple messages
Aug 18 2008, 1:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2008, 1:06 PM EDT
i have got a problem, i keep deleting my messages, that works fine, but they come again all the time...no matter how many times i delete it, sooner or later it will appear again...i had to use another phone to get rid of the messages...is it btw possible to access the sms through the program that follows? cant seem to get it to work, perhaps because i dont have outlook express installed...? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
14. RE: Delete multiple messages
Aug 21 2008, 12:39 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2008, 12:39 AM EDT
"What u can do is when go to inbox, just click shift and hold it, and then click the down button and then u will be highlighting the messages."
This is definitely the right answer but not obvious.
Just like you would do a range select on a Windows PC using Shift on the keyboard, you can use the on-screen keyboard on the phone in the same way.Select the first text to delete, click the shift, then click the last text to delete. This hightlights everything in between. Then use the Delete menu pick. It will delete multiple texts in seconds.
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
15. RE: Delete multiple messages
Sep 15 2008, 11:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 15 2008, 11:59 PM EDT
"This is definitely the right answer but not obvious.
Just like you would do a range select on a Windows PC using Shift on the keyboard, you can use the on-screen keyboard on the phone in the same way.Select the first text to delete, click the shift, then click the last text to delete. This hightlights everything in between. Then use the Delete menu pick. It will delete multiple texts in seconds.
"
are u just plain dumb?
which phone are you using?

Posted Anonymously
16. RE: Delete multiple messages
Sep 17 2008, 6:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 17 2008, 6:49 AM EDT
I hacked my dash rom with the update from the 'guys at xda developers'. Don't think I can post links here. ( I did this after I got my unlock code from Tmo and using it for over an year with the standard winMo from Tmo). Now, In my inbox menu i have an option called "Select Messages". Under this I have 3 other great options. And the tip that 'huanmah' mentioned is totally usable here. I don't remember if this option was availabe in the standard winmo. thanks 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
17. RE: Delete multiple messages
Sep 29 2008, 1:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 29 2008, 1:05 PM EDT
where is the shift button? Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
18. RE: Delete multiple messages
Oct 7 2008, 6:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2008, 6:55 PM EDT
"where is the shift button?"
It's between ur balls =p
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

fred1381
19. RE: Delete multiple messages
Oct 19 2009, 7:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 7:49 PM EDT
I also was puzzled by this lack of feature, I remember when I had my Sprint Mogul I could take my stylus and highlight the messages I wanted to delete from my inbox. When I got my touch pro 2 I couldn't do that anymore which sucks. I discovered that when you are in your inbox click "Menu" and then the white box will open up with only like about 9 options showing, but if you scroll down the box there are more options. This is something they could've made more obvious by placing an arrow or something so users can know there are more options below. When you scroll further down you will see a select option which has three different options for deleting messages. Those options include: All, All Below, and Several. Hope this helps, I just discovered this myself. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?